Tuesday, January 30, 2007

From darkness into light - a dream

I had a dream last night. I was in a large church, something like one of the large European cathedrals except unimaginably immense. I was there with my mother and sisters – for what I’m not sure. The ground began to tremble and the building shifted. I looked at my mother; she was forcing herself to be unaware as she knelt in some sort of imposed and false bliss. I said something like “we need to leave.” My mother ignored me and my younger sister turned on me like someone gone mad, “We can’t leave! We need a church. You can’t have a church without a building!” I turned and began walking to the main entrance of the cathedral. Just as I reached the precipice the building began to shake violently; a rift opened in the earth and I could see that the church was separating from the ground in front of the entrance. I glimpsed my sisters and said “You don’t need a building. You don’t need a church. This is all the church you need.” I pointed towards an open field with families playing in the grass. My older sister looked relieved but my younger sister just had a twisted and confused look on her face – she was uncertain. She knew I was right, but it was an unacceptable risk. The building began tilting as it teetered on some flimsy rock. I dove from the entrance way of the church onto the grass just as the church crashed into an abyss. I moved from darkness into light.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I fall into the abyss?

February 06, 2007 1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to be anonymous...I am the older sister curious about her fate!

February 06, 2007 1:35 PM  
Blogger sophisticated primate said...

You made it out! Regrettably, after making it out you invested all of your money in Splenda which was subsequently found to cause immediate and very painful cancer. After years of living in a van with Mike and the kids you met your demise when, quite ironically, the van was swallowed by a giant sink hole.

February 06, 2007 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home